On Tuesday Vanhala said that the uniform wage increases brought about by incomes agreements eliminate jobs rather than creating them. Commenting on Vanhala's views on Wednesday, Lipponen said that monetary policy has destroyed more jobs than incomes policy, Helsingin Sanomat reported.
In his speech in Helsinki, Vanh
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro