A complete overhaul of the Argentine currency - previously pegged at parity with the US dollar - is part of the president's strategy to breathe new life into the battered economy.
"We think that in a period that could last three, four or five months, we could float the peso freely," Mr Duhalde told reporters.
Such a move already comes with the recommendation of the International M
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security