"The government has ordered the central bank to replace the dollar with the euro to limit the problems of the executive organs in commercial transactions," said Gholam Hossein Elham, a government spokesman.
"We will also employ this change for Iranian assets (in dollars) held abroad."
Elham added that I
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency