"Rates can't be intentionally driven (by us)," Shiokawa said at a regular press conference at the ministry.
Asked whether he wants a weaker yen as the result of monetary easing by the BOJ, Shiokawa said: "I hope that will happen."
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system