Kozo Yamamoto, a House of Representatives member who leads the group, reiterated that the BOJ law should be revised to have the central bank set an inflation target and beef up policy cooperation with the government.
Yamamoto made the comments in a speech before the Foreign Correspondents' Club
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- Philippines considers boosting central bank capital