Source: AFX Europe
The central bank's monetary policy committee (Copom) said it decided to cut its benchmark Selic rate to 20 pct from 22 pct at its regular meeting.
The central bank said the decision was unanimous.
According to forecasts compiled by AFX News, 24 economists out of 35 expected the Selic rate to be cut by 200 basis
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio