However, speaking at a press conference in Sydney at the end of a two-day trip to Australia, Takenaka stressed the BOJ should remain independent.
"The central bank should be independent. However, the central bank and government should share a common policy target," Takenaka said.
Japanese government off
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power