As of that date, the central bank will no longer be allowed to issue any debt, including dollar-linked notes, because of the Fiscal Responsibility Law.
The monetary authority currently has an arsenal of dollar-linked Treasury bills, but chairman Arminio Fraga told Estado that "if the Treasury bills don't provide enough
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously