"Monetary policy wasn't discussed," Hayami told a group of reporters on his way out of the meeting.
Asked whether the U.S. Federal Reserve's latest interest rate cuts would affect the BOJ's monetary policy, Hayami said "Not particularly."
On Tuesday, the Fed cut interest rates by 50 basis points to their lowest lev
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls