Foreign exchange reserves amounted to $20,234bn, while gold reserves were $2,22bn, the SARB said.
The January figures were far higher than the December purchases of $644m and November's of $125m and confirmed a more aggressive dollar buying policy by the Reserve Bank.
Gross reserves increased to $22,454-billion from $22,166-billion, the bank said in a s
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot