"Theoretically, it is still possible to meet the criteria necessary for the introduction of the euro in 2008," Zsigmond Jarai, president of Hungary's central bank MNB said Monday. However, "this will only be possible by making considerable macroeconomic sacrifices," he stressed.
Jarai said the extent of required sacrifi
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms