Speaking on the ABC television network, Greenspan said: "We are beginning to get not stagflation, but the early symptoms of it."
Greenspan added it was "critically important" that the Fed could do what was needed "to suppress the inflation rates that I see emerging, not immediately, but clearly over the intermediate and longer-term period."
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot