Mervyn King, Governor Of The Bank Of England
Chairman, I am grateful for this opportunity to explain the Monetary Policy Committee's thinking about the current state of the British economy.
For several years the UK economy has grown at, or even above, its probable trend rate, and inflation has been close to its 2.5% target. But in the first half of this year growth is estimated to have slowed sharply, although consumer spending has surprised by its resi
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio