Given that the draft budget for last year was fulfilled with a surplus, CBR believes that the government is now in a position to pay off its debts to CBR that have accumulated since the financial crisis in 1998.
After that crisis, the Finance Ministry stopped servicing the short-term T-bills held by CBR, thus saddlin
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro