Bank of France Governor Jean-Claude Trichet, in line to take the helm of the European Central Bank in November, said in a newspaper interview published on Tuesday that he saw no danger of deflation in Europe.
"Fortunately the current situation in Europe does not allow us to see any danger of deflation,
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB