"About two-thirds of the inflows during the fortnight had occurred on the day following the announcement of the change in the exchange rate regime to a managed float," the central bank stated on Aug 8. The ringgit was unpegged on July 21.
The central bank said the flows, however, normalised in the subsequent days with bo
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure