An IMF statement issued in Moscow late on 22 June said the mission's main purpose was to discuss Russia's macroeconomic outlook for the rest of the year and plans for the 2002 budget.
"As to 2001, the mission was primarily concerned with modifications to policies needed to reduce inflation, which is
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say