Asked to clarify the situation, Zhou Xiaochuan, governor of the People's Bank of China, dismissed the speculation.
"Can we take that seriously? Of course not," the Xinhua News Agency quoted Zhou as saying.
Zhou said, "The media report on the expected appreciation of the Chinese currency, Renminbi, RMB, on May 18 is not correct."
"It is foreigners, especiall
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations