The Reserve Bank will accept a broader range of securities, including highly-rated mortgage-backed paper, as part of a range of measures to stave off liquidity pressures. It will also extend the Overnight Reverse Repo Facility from one day to a maximum of 30.
Grant Spencer, the deputy governor, said that the measures mirrored similar actions taken by other centra
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard