The Fed has already cut interest rates five times this year, but corporate profits are still falling and there are reports that the country may have already slipped into recession.
Economists are increasingly worried that the US economy has failed to respond to rate cuts so far.
"Anecdotal evidence from companies still raises
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit