"I think we're going to be able to be measured," McTeer said in an interview with CNBC television.
Asked whether signs of ebbing inflation pressures had ended the urgency behind the Fed's two rate hikes in June and August, McTeer said: "Possibly we have, we'll have to discuss that and
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey