"Consensus is emerging on a number of key issues, even if there still isn't total accord on some of them," Almunia told a conference.
The aim was to reach a result by the time the Ecofin council of finance ministers meets on March 7-8 ahead of a European council meeting on March.
While additional ro
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard