"Determination and communication of a do-everything attitude to avoid a prolonged deflation is critically important," Ito, a former senior adviser in the International Monetary Fund's research unit now a professor at the University of Tokyo, said.
The academic warned that central banks had to cut rates to zero hastily once it be
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde