Roberto Lavagna told reporters late Sunday that banks will maintain their full operations Monday, after a weekend of rumours that the central bank might have to declare a fresh banking holiday to prevent the collapse of Argentina's cash-strapped financial system.
On Friday, reports circulated that several Argentine banks ar
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say