News that the central bank's largesse was being shared out among homeowners prompted forecasts that inflation could fall to its lowest levels since the early 1960s by the end of the year - just in time for the traditional January pay rounds.
Richard Iley, economist at ABN Amro, said: "Headline inflation still influences pay demands. A low rat
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS