Addressing a press conference on Tuesday, the Governor SBP, Dr Ishrat Hussain said when reserves were a bit over one billion dollars, what we could do was to keep these dollars on overnight basis with AAA banks.
But with the improvement in forex reserves, we would put such professional placement of our reserves in other currencies like dollar
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research