Deputy Governor Andrew Large voted to raise the rate a quarter point to 5 per cent for a third month, according to minutes of the May 6-9 meeting, released by the bank.
``For one member the prospect for inflation was slightly lower and in the
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank