Jean-Claude Trichet and Farouk El Okdah, the heads of the ECB and the Egyptian central bank, met in Cairo on Wednesday to sign a memorandum of understanding that will see the eurozone's central bank provide technical assistance to Egypt to strengthen banking supervision towards basic Basel II compliance.
"The aim of the programme
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency