Shirakawa told the National Press Club that the central bank had to "focus our attention on the downside risks." Any talk of rate hikes was inappropriate as "uncertainty regarding the outlook remains high."
The confirmation of the central bank's neutral bias marks a shift from a stance tha
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows