Finance Minister Michael Cullen said Mr Fletcher's "considerable business experience would be an asset to the board".
Mr Fletcher was a critic of former bank governor Don Brash's tight approach to monetary policy.
Dr Brash shocked politicians an
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency