Sherwin's last day at the Reserve Bank is Friday.
He is due to take up a new position, as Chief Executive of New Zealand's Ministry of Agriculture & Forestry, Monday of next week, officials said.
The decision not to replace Sherwin means Governor Don Brash will be left with just one deputy governor, Rod Car
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power