Schmognerova's dismissal was widely expected after she refused demands by SDL to quit at the weekend. But Hajnovic's nomination was a surprise, as he beat out a close ally of SDL Chairman Pavel Koncos, the leftist Labour Minister Peter Magvasi, in a secret vote.
"The Republic Council (S
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes