The trial, which is expected to run from January 6th to February 12th, could allow Mr Trichet time to clear his name before taking over as president of the European Central Bank (ECB), the Irish Times reported.
The current ECB president, Mr Wim Duisenberg, is due to step down in July 2003
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor