Nakahara, addressing a news conference in Akita, northern Japan, also said that a strict inflation target was not appropriate. He had said in an earlier speech that the BOJ should indicate an ideal rate of inflation to manage expectations.
"Even after we abandon qua
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says