The get-togethers at the Washington DC headquarters of the two organisations are usually a highlight of finance ministers' and central bankers' calendars .
This year's sessions - usually a week long - had already been cut down to two days, 29-30 September.
The reduction was made following demonstrations
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart