Germany shouldn't allow its budget deficit to widen and must reform its welfare system as the population ages and declines, Hermann Remsperger, chief economist at the country's central bank, the Bundesbank, told Boersen-Zeitung.
Borrowing to cover today's spending will worsen finances for futu
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- Philippines considers boosting central bank capital