Pakistan's central bank has increased the paid-up capital requirement for investment banks to 500 million rupees from 200 million rupees, a central bank spokesman said on Feb 1. But he said the State Bank of Pakistan has given a two-year period to investment banks operating in Pakistan to meet the new requirement. "No investment bank shall commence or carry on business unless it has a minimum paid-up capital of Rs 500 million," the central bank said in a statement.
It also said if an investmen
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
Back to Top