Speaking in Japan, Mr Kohler said the Fund was now more humble about giving advice to its borrower countries, pointing to the failure to prevent the financial crisis in Latin America.
"To resolve home-grown problems, no external advice, however sound, and no amount of external financing can substitute for self-responsibility and political
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot