After lifting interest rates 12 times in a little over a year, the bank has left the short alone since March and recently ended the tightening cycle by delinking its own policy from a continuing rise in U.S. rates.
While the central bank was widely expected to hold policy steady on Friday, some analysts expe
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms