Allan Hawke made the comments in The Australian newspaper ahead of a business and political leaders' forum scheduled for Friday and represents Australia's strongest-yet official support for a common currency.
The topic will be discussed by the high-powered think-tank of 35 leaders, led by foreign ministers Phil Goff and Alexander Downer, that h
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency