Barroso told RTL radio, a French broadcaster, on Monday that British lawmakers were looking into adopting the euro as a result of the impact of the credit crisis, which has seen sterling's value slump against both the single currency and the dollar.
Politicians were, he said "closer than ever before" to euro adoption. However, he acknowledged that most of the
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says