The central bank's benchmark target for the overnight rate remains at 8.25%, a three-year high. But the institution's post-meeting statement was more dovish than in previous months, stressing the downside risks to growth.
"The strong recession already impacting industrialised countries, particularly the United States, is negatively impacting Mexican economic activity," the central
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management