James Wolfensohn was speaking after opening the World Bank's new offices in Kabul.
"Afghans want to rebuild Afghanistan and the World Bank is here as a committed development partner," Mr Wolfensohn said.
A team of financial experts based at the new offices would "stay here until you don't need us any longer which I hope will be sooner rather than later," he said.
The Bank is prov
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde