In an interview with a BBC TV program, the prime minister gave the clearest indication yet that a euro vote will be held next year.
Mr Blair reiterated that the Treasury's five economic tests on euro entry would be decided upon by June 2003.
If the tests are met, he said, the issue would be "put to the people".
'Ground being prepared'
Downing Street says there is nothing new
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power