"We are basically in step," Tanigaki said when asked whether the government and the bank share views on interest rates. "But rather than long-term interest rates, ending deflation is the most important thing. We both feel that we need to do whatever is necessary" to end sustained price declines.
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?