"The balance of inflation risks is clearly on the upside," he said in a speech.
He told a conference organised by CEL - Centro Espaol de Logistica in Madrid that ECB monetary policy remains accommodative, with interest rates moderate and monetary growth vigorous.
"Holding the line on wages is key," he said.
Gonzalez-Paramo said inflation could be slightly hi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power