Asian stock markets closed steeply lower, with Japan's main share index setting another 17-year low.
And European stocks are trading weaker, although above early lows, with shares in technology firms leading the decline.
The dollar has also come under pressure yet again, losing against the world's key currencies.
The losses are being blamed on investor jitters
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power