He will take up the chairmanship on 1 July 2006.
Mr Wellink will succeed Mr Jaime Caruana who relinquishes the Basel Committee chairmanship upon conclusion of his term of office as Governor of the Bank of Spain.
The G10 Governors and heads of supervision wish t
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory