The Bank of Japan's March report said the economic deterioration was expected to moderate steadily as production stop declining, mainly due to a recovery in exports.
It was the first time the bank has upgraded its assessment of the economy for 20 months.
"Japan's economy still continues to deteriorate as a whole, although the downward pr
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says