Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman Richard Lugar said that if the figure presented to his panel by one university professor were accurate, it would seriously undermine the organisation's efforts to fight global poverty.
The World Bank hotly disputed the figure of $US100 billion ($143.7 billion), adding that there was no basis for that est
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?